The Hospital de Formentera is the main and only hospital on the island of Formentera.
In the same building where the hospital of Formentera is located, there is also the Health Center service, where you can schedule a routine consultation with the family doctor or a specialist doctor.
Patients who are very seriously ill or who have specific ailments that need very specific treatments are always referred to the Can Misses hospital in Ibiza and also to Palma de Mallorca hospitals.
Here is the most important information you should know about Formentera Hospital .
Emergency Department of the Hospital of Formentera
The emergency service of the hospital of Formentera is available 24 hours a day. If you need to use the emergency service and you call outside office hours, the central switchboard may be deactivated.
Therefore, to activate the emergency services in Formentera, including police and firefighters if necessary, you should call 112.
Specialties of the Hospital de Formentera
As mentioned in the introduction, the Formentera Hospital has a Health Center with a family doctor and other professionals dedicated to certain specialties.
The complete list is as follows:
- Medical Services:
- Internal Medicine
- Child and adult psychiatry
- Surgical services:
- Anaesthesia and reanimation
- General and Digestive Surgery
- Gynecology and Obstetrics
- Social Services
- Traumatology and orthopedic surgery
- Auxiliary Services:
- Clinical analysis (in-house laboratory)
- Hematology and Hemotherapy
Schedules of the different services
The different services of the Hospital de Formentera have different schedules. Below are the center’s opening hours for each of the different services offered:
- General information and customer service:
- Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Admission of programmed hospitalizations:
- Monday to Friday from 8.00 a.m. to 10.00 p.m.
- Outside these hours, hospitalization is only possible through an emergency admission.
- For outpatients: from 8.00 am to 9.00 am.
- Monday to Friday from 8.00 a.m. to 3.00 p.m.
- Note: Pharmacy dispensing for outpatients is carried out during the same hours.
If you want to read more information about this hospital you can visit the website of the Balearic Health Service.